Wood vs. Composite Shutters - Which is Best for You?
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Which is best for you and your home?
We have recently had a lot of customers asking, "Which type of shutter is better?" and "What are the pros and cons to each?" Here, we hope to clear up any confusion between the two types of our best-selling shutters. While both products have certain features that are specific to each, some of these features are strictly personal preference. Please allow us to shed some light on these beautiful, quality Norman Shutters.
ShadesToYou stands by Norman Shutters as the manufacturer that offers the best quality shutter for the investment. We firmly believe that these shutters will far out last any other bids that come your way.
WOODLORE Composite Shutters
Features and Benefits:
- Built around the concept of modern convenience, Woodlore is made of composite wood harvested from well-managed forests and finished with a polypropylene coating that prevents moisture absorption and allows for easy stain removal. It resists cupping, warping and twisting.
Shown above are the three painted colors available in Woodlore Shutters *Please note, due to picture quality and lighting, the actual color may be a little off. Please ask one of our consultants to show you these swatches!
- Reinforced engineered stiles - Stile core durability reinforced with multiple layers of wood bonded together. The result is a robust support system for shutters panels.
- UV inhibitor protects shutters and home decor from UV rays, prevents color fading and sun damage.
- Woodlore's classic solid colors harmonize brilliantly with any decor. The beauty, durability and quality finish of Woodlore shutters is reasonably priced.
- Multiple stile options are available in various sizes to accommodate different window configurations. Astragal of Rabbet stiles provide a natural light block between panels.
- A wide range of frames with inserts, which keep installation screws out of sight for a clean and decorative look, match any style and preference.
Shown above are the different types of Z frames that will really finish the look of both inside and outside mounted shutters. These are available in both Woodlore and Normandy.
- Personalize shutters with special options. Choose from fixed louvers, hidden or offset tilt rods, cafe styles, bay and corner window shutters, track systems and many more.
- A guarantee of Norman Shutters exemplary quality with a limited lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Individual panel widths can be a 30" maximum, which in many applications, you will need more panels than if you went with the Normandy wood shutter.
NORMANDY Wood Shutters
Features and Benefits:
- The textured finish of Normandy stained hardwood shutters blends the tranquility of nature with distinctive luxury.
- Available in classic paint, radiant stain and stimulating designer colors that harmonize into the style of any home.
Shown above are all of the painted and stained colors that are available in Normandy wood shutters. There is virtually a match for any type of decor in your home.
- Normandy is treated with their exclusive Prescription Wood Conditioning(TM) technique according to the moisture content of the final installation location to reduce post-installation shrinking and swelling.
- A wide range of frames with inserts, which keep installation screws out
of sight for a clean and decorative look, match any style and
- Reinforced engineered stiles - Stile core durability reinforced with
multiple layers of wood bonded together. The result is a robust support
system for shutters panels.
- Multiple stile options available in various sizes to accommodate different window configurations. Astragal (solid color shutters only) or Rabbet stiles provide a natural light block between panels.
- Employs mortise and tenon joinery that resists shear and racking forces endured by shutters and ensures prolonged stability and durability.
- Labor-intensive hand finishing process involves multiple sequences of sanding and coating with fine layers of stain or paint for a brilliant, lustrous finish.
- Personalize shutters with special options. Choose from hidden or offset tilt rods, double-hung panels, cafe shutters, track systems, specialty shapes and many more.
- Special panel and frame designs are finely crafted to accommodate unique window configurations. Create unity of attract attention with Normandy's exclusive decorative elements.
Above left shows a french door cut out and above right shows shutters with an sunburst arch above - these specialty shapes are only available in Normandy.
- A guarantee of Norman Shutters' exemplary quality with a limited lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship.
- Individual panel widths can be a 36" maximum, which in many applications, allows for less panels and more view through.
Louver sizes come in 2 1/2", 3 1/2" and 4 1/2" for BOTH Woodlore and Normany. *3 1/2" is most common.
Gliding Shutter Panel Tracks are available in BOTH Woodlore and Normandy and are a beautiful way to cover sliding glass doors.
Add your comments:
Items in bold indicate required information.